- This event has passed.
Jack’s Solar Garden – Public Tours
October 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am UTC-6
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until October 30, 2021
Join a guide from the Colorado Agrivoltaic Learning Center on a 1-hour interpretive tour of Jack’s Solar Garden, the largest agrivoltaic research site in the nation. During this family friendly tour attendees will be introduced to agrivoltaics, the combination of solar and agriculture, and learn about its potential benefits to farmers, biodiversity and local communities. Attendees will walk among solar panels and observe different plots dedicated to agrivoltaic research. When you leave we hope you have an understanding of the benefits of agrivoltaics and become an advocate for agrivoltaic practices.
When you pay for admission your ticket donation goes to help get local students to Jack’s Solar Garden where they can learn about clean energy, local food and sustainable land-use practices. So thank you.
Some things to keep in mind before coming on the tour:
- Please sign up by 5:00pm the Friday before the tour.
- If you need to cancel please let us know by emailing email@example.com – note, the Eventbrite fee is nonrefundable.
- The tour will be one hour long and will be entirely outside on uneven surfaces. Please dress for the conditions and bring water (the site will not have potable water).
- There is one non-ADA accessible port-a-potty on site, please plan accordingly.
- Pets are not allowed on the site. Leashed service animals are allowed. Any participant with a service animal deemed unruly will be asked to leave.
- Jack’s Solar Garden is located at 8102 N. 95th St. Longmont, CO 80504.
- Please be careful when pulling into the driveway of Jack’s Solar Garden, signal early and drive directly to the back of the farmhouse towards the silo. Once in the back of the house you will see a tour guide who will assist you with parking