The incorporation of solar into our design allowed us to achieve these goals for our all-electric, new construction home:
– a house design that melds with the view
– a very comfortable home in all seasons including great indoor air quality
– responsible use of energy/resources
Our 4,480 sq. ft. home was built by EcoCraft Homes of Pittsburgh, in a factory as a custom modular at Structural Modulars Incorporated (Strattonville, PA)
We have several heat pumps:
– one 2 ton mini-split ducted heat pump for all our heating and cooling
– a heat pump water heater
– a heat pump clothes dryer
– a heat pump in our energy recovery ventilator for fresh air
We are air-tight to a score of 789 CFM50 in our leakage test, with air sealing and insulation working in harmony.
We have a 12kW solar array, which is oversized to accommodate a future electric vehicle.
We are zero combustion appliances, except for an outdoor grill.
We use triple-pane, passive house-style windows, and insulated entry doors.
Our journey is being chronicled at www.SpohnHome.com and on Facebook at SpohnHome.