Sun-Powered Belleair Bluffs Home
October 2 - October 3
2,100 sq. ft. CBS single-story private residence on Florida’s Central Gulf Coast.
Home has central air / heat via a single heat pump forced-air system w/ variable-speed air-handler.
Energy-saving features include:
- Programmable night-setback thermostat.
- Insulated metal roof.
- 2-panel Solar domestic hot water w/85-gallon tank (provides 100% of hot water during the summer & 65% in “winter”.)
- 4 Solar pool heating panels – (provide 70% of pool heat in “winter”)
- 41 Solar Edge photovoltaic panels (11.47 kWp) coupled with three (3) 13 Kw Tesla PowerWalls (provide 60% to 100% of home’s power – including central A/C – depending on consumption & weather – system powers central A/C, and four (4) refrigeration compressors: chest freezer, two (refrigerators, and wine cooler, and 1.5 hp pool pump.
- Ceiling fans in every room and LED bulbs throughout the home.
- Lo-flow showers reduce hot water consumption; 1.5 GPF toilets reduce total water use.
- Energy-saving triple-glazed hurricane-impact windows throughout.