- This event has passed.
UW-Whitewater at Rock County Solar Project
Welcome! Visit up-close with 3 different solar PV array configurations at UW-Whitewater at Rock County. See inverter setup, electricity back to grid via Alliant Energy 2nd Nature program. New solar pollinator prairie project!
3 Arrays are grouped near to each other for easy access.
• Window awning array – on south brick wall shades windows, DC current to engineering lab.
• Seasonally-adjustable array – pole mount array in “portrait” position.
• Dual-axis tracker array – pole mount in “landscape” position, follows sun throughout the day.
Knowledgeable help to get you started on your quest for green energy for your home or other locations.
• Lots of green energy information Geothermal, Hydropower, Wind, and more.
• Educational materials for home and school. Hands-on small scale solar and wind energy
projects/materials. Something for every interest and age.
New pollinator prairie and solar PV arrays together! Information on solar prairie project and 1st year growth.