UWW-Rock Solar Project
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm UTC-6
One event on October 3, 2021 at 10:00 am
Come on inside and also enjoy the outdoor displays! Lots of information to help you with any Green Energy ideas you may have in mind. See Solar PV, Co-located Pollinator Prairie project, LED improvements, K-12 ed materials, Green Energy info and issues. COVID guidelines existing on Oct 2-3, will be followed.
>>Three co-located solar PV arrays, each with ~2 kW capacity and 9 panels (~6+ kw total): Pole-mount dual-axis tracker, stationary window awning, pole-mounted seasonally adjustable.
• Grid-tied AC current: as solar input to Alliant Energy’s Second Nature Program.
• PV Longevity: After 10+ years, minimal drop in electrical output, nearly zero maintenance.
• Data showing comparison of electrical output of three arrays.
• Direct DC current: From window awning array into Engineering Lab for experimentation.
• Students change angle of manually adjustable array to match seasonal sun angles.
>>Pollinator Prairie & Solar PV: In-progress solar array pollinator prairie project linked to existing multi-acre prairie-savanna habitat restoration. Plenty of info available, see the layout, walk the trails.
>>LED Lighting: See multiple LED applications, learn about the money/electricity saved at UWW-Rock.
>>Ongoing Outreach for Everyone: Extensive information/educational materials about all things Green Energy for adults and K-12 students of all ages. Visit us on campus or invite us to come visit you at your school, library, or non-profit, etc.